This is very quick and easy to make, my four year old could do most of this herself!
As always, if you do make it please let me know, I would love to hear from you! If you love it, please comment here and share the recipe on Facebook!
Yibba Yabba Apricot and Passionfruit Slice (Or Lemon and Passionfruit Slice)
1 cup self raising flour
3/4 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 cup caster sugar
125g melted butter
1 teaspoon of lemon zest (optional but does make it nice and zesty!)
1 395g tin of condensed milk (use skim if you prefer)
1/2 cup of apricot nectar juice (or 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice if you prefer a lemon slice)
2 passionfruits (pulp removed)
1. Using a wooden spoon, mix together flour, oats, sugar, coconut, zest and melted butter.
2. Press firmly into a slice tin (lined with baking paper) and bake for 15 mins in a moderate oven (don’t over bake, it should look slightly brown but still soft)
3. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
4. Whisk condensed milk and juice until well combined. Fold in passionfruit pulp.
5. Pour over top of the base and bake for about 20 minutes. (It will feel ‘set’)
Personally, I like to let this slice cool in the fridge overnight, it makes it easier to slice up into small squares. If you can’t wait, (sometimes we can’t!) then use a hot knife to make slicing easier. (Probably won’t be as neat though, but possibly won’t last long enough for anyone to care either!!!)
If you want to be very fancy, serve with a a drizzle of extra passionfruit and a dash of whipped cream…….mmm!