Baked cheese are scrumptious! And easier than you think to make! These can be baked and topped with any toppings, I usually go with raspberry but feel free to add your own! I freeze mine too…..so I can indulge whenever I feel a cheesecake urge!
Here is my recipe! Please give it a go!
Mini Baked Raspberry Cheesecakes
150g of plain biscuits crushed finely (I usually use milk arrowroot, but try gingernut or chocolate ripple for something special!)
100g melted butter
2 teaspoons lemon zest
250g Block of Philly Cream Cheese (light version is fine too!)
1/3 cup caster sugar
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (or 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence if you are making a chocolate cheesecake etc)
1/3 cup of sour cream (Light version is fine too!)
2 Tablespoons of Raspberry Jam
(Or try your own topping….I also like whipped cream and passionfruit, shaved chocolate or crushed up violet crumble….mmmm!!!!)
Method: (So Easy!)
1. Mix the crushed biscuits, melted butter and lemon zest together. Press evenly among 12 cupcake papers (in a cupcake tin!) Press them in firmly and place in the fridge while you make the next step.
2. Using an electric mixer beat the cream cheese and sugar for 3 mins.
3. Add the lemon juice, egg and sour cream and beat until well combined.
4. Spoon into the 12 crumbed cupcake papers.
5. Bake in the oven (Preheated to 150 degrees) for about 25 mins. (Depends on your oven, they may need an extra 5 mins but don’t overcook or they will be dry and crumbly)
6. Allow them to cool in the tin for at least ten minutes then carefully lift them out and cool in the fridge. (Don’t worry if your mini cheesecakes seem a little cracked or sunken…the topping will hide all that!) you can make these the night before and top when you are ready.
7. Heat the Raspberry jam for 10 seconds in the microwave. Spread over each cheesecake and top with a few frozen berries!
8. Place them back in the fridge until ready to serve! Take them out of their wrappers when you want to serve. These are very easy to make…but still look very fancy! Give them a go and let me know what you think!
PS My friend Kacey gave this recipe a go. She made Violet Crumble Mini Cheesecakes! (Chocolate biscuit base, topped with ‘Ice Magic Topping’ and crushed Violet Crumble! (Don’t they look amazing?) Here is a pic of her mini cheesecakes: