Looking for a perfect lunchbox biscuit or a quick mid-morning snack for yourself? These biscuits are easy to cook, freeze well and taste lovely, the oats and dried apricot make a wonderful combination. Give them a go! (The kids will request these again and so will you!)
1 cup plain flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup of dried apricots (chopped up)
2 tablespoons golden syrup
1/2 teaspoon bi carb soda
1. Preheat the oven to 180*C
2. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl, including dried apricots.
3. In a saucepan heat the butter, golden syrup and bi-carb soda over a gentle heat until the butter has melted.
4. Pour in the butter mixture and stir well until all ingredients are combined.
5. Roll tablespoon sized scoops onto a paper lined tray. Make sure you leave room for these to spread!
6. Bake for 15 – 18 mins. (15 mins for a soft and chewy biscuit or 18 mins or longer for a crunchier biscuit! They will come out soft but will harden as they cool)
Makes about 25 biscuits. These biscuits will freeze well. Place them in a ziplock bag and into the freezer.