My recipe is lower in fat and sugar and full of blueberries! Just perfect for the lunch box, after school or when guests pop in! Here is my freezer friendly recipe:
90g softened butter or dairy free spread
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 cups self raising flour (try wholemeal flour or even half white/wholemeal)
3/4 cup milk (soy, almond, rice or other will be fine)
1 cup frozen blueberries. (Or fresh!)
1. Preheat oven to 180C
2. Using an electric beater or mixer beat butter, sugar and vanilla.
3.Beat in the eggs.
4. Lightly fold in the flour and milk, don’t over mix.
5. Add the blueberries and gently stir.
6. Divide mixture between 12 muffin wrappers. (You can also add on a sprinkle of rolled oats now or even a sprinkle of brown sugar if you like)
7. Bake for approximately 25 mins.
These will freeze beautifully!
These muffins are delicious just as they are. If you prefer a sweeter muffin, add more sugar or try using brown sugar. Here are a few more ideas for you to try:
Try using raspberries or any other fresh or frozen berries
Add in one grated apple for a more moist muffin
Sprinkle 1/2 cup rolled oats on top of the muffins before you bake
Sprinkle 1/4 cup brown sugar on top of he muffins before you bake
Add in 1/2 white choc bits for something special
Serve with a dollop of cream cheese icing or dust with icing sugar just before serving
These can also be made into patty sized muffins or even mini muffins. You will need to bake these for less time, about 18 mins or so.