Four Little Chocolate Cupcakes
This recipe is just for kids! They can do this themselves, just help them with the oven. A simple recipe with pantry friendly ingredients and only a wooden spoon to mix. It makes just four little cupcakes, perfect for rainy days, school holidays or weekends. Have fun icing or decorating these!
1/3 cup self raising flour
1 Tablespoon cocoa
1 Tablespoon caster sugar
1 tablespoon butter/margarine (melted or very soft)
1 tablespoon milk (dairy, soy or other)
1.Preheat oven to 170C
2. In a bowl combine flour, cocoa and sugar. Mix with a wooden spoon.
3. Add in the butter, milk and egg. Use the wooden spoon to mix.
4. Divide mixture among 4 cupcake wrappers. (It also makes about 6 patty cakes)
5. Bake for about 12 mins. (Don’t over bake or they will be too dry) Allow to stand in the tin for 5 minutes then cool on a wire rack.
6. Ice and decorate as you please! (Note: this is a very basic recipe, not too fancy, just for kids to make! If they prefer it sweeter, add an extra tablespoon of sugar, cocoa and milk!)