These are so cute and so easy! Make them for a party, cake stall, Easter or just for fun! The kids can easily do this themselves!
You will need:
Oval shaped biscuits (I use arrowroots)
Icing (see step one below)
White Marshmallows (cut in half)
Pink mini marshmallows (cut in half)
Choc chips (or other round Lollies)
Licorice wheels, sour straps or other long confectionary (cut into small strips)
White Tic Tacs
Note: make one at a time or the icing will set hard!
1. Mix a basic icing. It needs to be slightly firm but spreadable. If it is too runny the sweets won’t stick. I use a cup of icing sugar and slowly add a small amount of water.
2. Spread some icing onto a biscuit and quickly place 2 white marshmallows at the top of the oval biscuit. (Ears!)
3. Place a pink mini Marshmallow on the white marshmallow. You can put the cut side down and it will stick, if not use a small amount of icing to ‘glue’ them on.
4. Add on the choc chips for ‘eyes’ and a ‘nose’.
5. Place the licorice or sourstrap strips beside the nose for ‘whiskers’.
6. Place 2 Tic Tacs for teeth at the bottom! (Optional!)
These can be made the day before. Keep them in an air tight container at room temperature. The icing will set hard. I am sure you can make something even cuter than these! Please let me know your suggestions!
Have fun! If you check out my Yibba Yabba Mama Facebook page you will see I love icing biscuits! No baking but so cute and loved by all kids!